Survey File Upload
When you are ready to submit your final survey file, and have it automatically validated, the Project Summary page includes the message “Your next action is: Upload Survey”.
(Note screenshots are for illustration only.)
- On the Project Summary page, click the Survey tab to start uploading the survey file.
The Survey File Upload page displays.
- Indicate which Advisor Circular your survey file complies with. Choices are 150/5300-18A or 150/5300-18B.
- Click BROWSE to locate and select the survey file to upload. A survey file must be a zipped file.
- Select the survey file format. For example, Autocad DWG/DXF.
- Select the appropriate State Plane coordinate system. For example, MD83F (NAD83 Maryland State Plane Zone, US Foot (EPSG #2248).
- Mark the check box if your data complies with AC-150/5300-18. Otherwise specify the horizontal and vertical values as feet at 95% confidence level.
- Optional. Enter a Description in the box.
- Click Submit to start the uploading and automatic validation.
Upon upload, the system extracts the data and transforms it into airport features.
The system then validates that your airport feature specifications comply with AC 150/5300-18A or 150/5300-18B.
During automatic validation, the Survey File Details page shows you the progress of transformation and validation.
When finished, the system displays the Validation Report page. You can click the tabs for a Validation Summary or Validation Errors report.
The Validation Summary tab displays overall errors detected during validation.
- To see detailed errors, click the Validation Errors tab.
Here you can select a detailed explanation for each error of each feature.
If necessary, go back to your survey file, fix the errors, then re-upload your survey file for validation again. You may have to repeat the Upload Validation Re-Upload process more than once.
The Survey File Details lists other functions for your submitted data: