Electronic Airport Layout Plan (eALP) - Coordination Management - Application level
Use this page to assign and manage people who participate in the coordination process for all eALP projects (the "Application level"). This function is available only to designated ADO or Region users. If an employee is not in the Airports GIS system, you can use Lotus Notes to find and invite other FAA divisional personnel. The system notifies these employees by e-mail. If you need to add coordination personnel for only a specific eALP project, see Electronic Airport Layout Plan (eALP) - Coordination Management - Project level.
Access the Coordination Management page for all eALP projects in two ways:
- From the main Airports GIS page hover your mouse over Administration to display the menu.
- Click Coordination Management.
- From the Administration block on the main Airports GIS page click the More administration tools hyper link.
The system displays the Administrator Tools page.
- Click Coordination Management.
From the Coordination Management page you can assign users to coordinate a specific eALP. Two buttons allow you to search for people using Lotus Notes or Airports GIS. The first time you access this page, the system displays the Lotus Notes search.
Adding coordination users with Lotus Notes
If none of the users you need to add for coordination appear in Airports GIS, you need to find them and add them using Lotus Notes. The system sends e-mail notification to these users complete with links they can use to acknowledge their assignment.
- From the search page, make sure you click the drop-down arrow on the Application drop-down box to select the appropriate application that you need to schedule for the coordination. This example uses eALP.
- In the Search by Last Name field, enter the last name of the person you need to add.
The system displays a list of users with the last name you entered, like the following:
- To add a name from the left box to the right, click the name you need to add and click the Add to >> button.
The name you selected appears in the Notification List box on the right like the example below:
- You can search for and add more names to the notification list. To delete any name, select the name in the Notification List box and click the Delete << button.
- When the Notification List box contains the names you need to add, send an e-mail notification to the listed employees by clicking the Give Permission & Send Notification button.
The system displays an alert box like the following (for multiple addressees the box will contain a separate comment field for each addressee):
- Type a message in the comments box explaining to this addressee that you are adding them to this eALP coordination. Add any details you think this person needs. If you are notifying more than one person, enter a message for each employee.
- Click Confirm.
The system e-mails a notification message to the addressee or addressees. This e-mail contains a link to the eALP system addressees use to acknowledge their assignment and access the eALP application.
If the user you assigned is already entered into the system, you will see a message like the following:
Adding coordination users with Airports GIS
- Click Search on Airports GIS System. If this button is gray, your screen is already on the Coordination Management - Airports GIS Search page.
As shown below, when you click Search on Airports GIS System the top table lists personnel based on the parameters you specify in the Application, Business Unit/Service Area, Region, and Group fields. The second block, eALP Coordination Users, lists users selected for coordination. If no users have been assigned, the first page you see will contain empty tables and will look similar to this:
- From the Airports GIS search page, make sure you click the drop-down arrow on Application drop-down box to select the appropriate application that you need to schedule for the coordination. This example uses eALP.
- Display the list of users by selecting the Application, Business Unit/Service Area, Region, and Group defining your users and clicking Search.
- To simplify your search you can filter the list by column. To use the filter, click Add Filter, type filter parameters in any combination of columns and click Apply Filter.
As shown above, the top table is populated with personnel meeting the parameters you selected.
- From this list, click the user name you need to add for coordination.
If you are not an administrator, the system pops up a window asking you to confirm your choice.
- If you are not an administrator, optionally type a comment and click Submit.
If you are administrator you need to select the office for which the user will coordinate the MOS.
- If you are an administrator, select one or both coordination options, optionally type a comment, and click Yes.
The system adds the user to the coordination list and updates the eALP Coordination Users table with this information.
Editing coordination user information
Unlike editing user coordination information on the project level (for a specific eALP project), from this page users can only add or edit comments, view user information, and delete coordination users.
- Click a hyper link in the Manager Comment column. The users in the example below were added with no comments.
The system pops up a window allowing you to update the comment.
- Type new comment text and click Submit.
Viewing user information
- Click a user name.
The system pops up the user's information like the example below.
- Click Close.
Deleting coordination users
- Click the delete link on the row for the user you need to delete.
The system pops up a window asking you to confirm your decision.
- To delete the user from the coordination list, click OK.