Design and As-Built Data Submission
As an Airport Sponsor or Multiple Airport Authority, you can create a new project from the Projects menu bar, or from the Survey Projects pane on the Airports GIS Home page.
(Note screenshots are for illustration only.)
- In Step 1, select your Airport from the drop-down list. Check Design/As Built Airport Data Project. Click Next for Step 2, Airport Category and Level of Verification.
- In Step 2, select your Airport Category. The form expands with additional information on project requirements and verification options.
a. If your Airport Category is NPIAS Part 139 Airport, read the explanation of your project requirements and verification options. Click Next for Step 3, Additional Data.
b. If your Airport Category is NPIAS Non-Part 139 Airport, read the explanation for your project verification options. If required for your project, check your level of verification for Geodetic Control Data in the checkbox. Click Next for Step 3, Additional Data.
c. If your Airport Category is Non-NPIAS Airport, read the explanation for your project verification options. Optionally, check your level of verification for Imagery Data and Geodetic Control Data in the checkboxes. Click Next for Step 3, Additional Data.
- In Step 3, check the Purpose of Survey. Optionally, enter the API Grant Number. Click Next for Step 4, Confirmation.
- In Step 4, you verify and confirm your project set up and requirements. Use Back to correct or adjust any previous choices. Finally, press Submit to complete the process.
The system assigns a project number to your new Design/As-Built project. It shows you the Project Summary page and your next actions.
Sample Project Summary page for a Design/As-Built Project
- Click the Design tab to access the Design File Upload submission page.
- Indicate which Advisory Circular your survey file complies with. Choices are 150/5300-18A or 150/5300-18B.
- Click Browse to locate and select the survey file to upload. A survey file must be a zipped file.
- Select the survey file format. For example, Autocad DWG/DXF.
- Select the appropriate State Plane coordinate system. For example, MD83F (NAD83 Maryland State Plane Zone, US Foot (EPSG #2248).
- Mark the check box if your data complies with AC-150/5300-18. Otherwise specify the horizontal and vertical values as feet at 95% confidence level.
- Optional. Enter a Description in the box.
- Click Submit to start the uploading and automatic validation.
Upon upload, the system extracts the data and transforms it into airport features.
The system then validates that your airport feature specifications comply with AC 150/5300-18A or 150/5300-18B.
Upon completion, the system acknowledges that your design uploaded successfully. It shows your Feature Schema, Data Format, Coordinate System, and more.
It also lists the features of the design, and breaks them down by viability:
· Number of valid 5300-18 features
· Number of invalid features, if any
· Number of warnings and errors, if any
At the bottom, the system lists the uploaded features by their numbers. It details which features pertain, for example, to a Runway, a Runway Centerline, a Runway End, and so on.
- Click the Update Phases tab to access the Design Phases page. This is where you can set a different alternative design, if any, and progresa from one design phase to the next, eventually ending at the as-built phase.
· Select an Alternative number if you have any alternative designs.
· Click Environmentally Cleared to indicate whether or not you have completed an environmental impact study.
· Click Airspace to indicate whether or not you have completed an Airspace study.
· Click Work in Progress to indicate that you are now in the construction phase.
· Click Work Completed to indicate that you have completed the constructional phase. You are ready to proceed with your As-Built Survey.
- Once you indicated Work Completed, the system would mark Design as completed and promotes your data from designed stage to As-Builts. You can now proceed with your As-Built Survey process. As far as SOW and Plan submissions are concerned, they will follow the same procedure as the normal survey process.
- When your SOW, plans, and data have been approved, the As-Built Survey tab would be unlocked and there is no need to re-uploading your survey data unless your As-Built data are different from your initial designed data. Upload your Final Report and click Submit for Verification to complete the process.
Return to the Airports GIS Table of Contents: